Building community power TO ABOLISH the police state
The Stop LAPD Spying Coalition is a community group building power toward abolition of the police state. We were founded in 2011 and are based at the Los Angeles Community Action Network in Skid Row.
We are a community group working to build community power toward abolishing police surveillance.
Join our work by sending us an email introducing yourself or filling out our contact form.
Our work is largely funded through community donations. Your support is what makes our work sustainable.
We hold open community meetings every week
Our weekly Tuesday night community meetings on Zoom are a great way to get to know us. Those meetings are recorded and available on our YouTube. We also have a number of working groups that meet every week. To join any of our meetings, check out our calendar.
- Weekly Update – March 10, 2023Happy International Women’s Day! Check out what we’ve been up to.
- Fight Against the War on YouthJoin us this Tuesday for our monthly War on Youth working group meeting.
- Weekly Update – March 3, 2023Check out what we’ve been up to!
- Gender and Sexuality WebinarJoin us this Tuesday at 6pm for our monthly webinar on the policing of gender and sexuality.
- Weekly Update – February 24, 2023Check out what we’ve been up to!
- Data Driven Policing Monthly MeetingJoin us this Tuesday February 28th at 6pm on Zoom for our monthly Data Driven Policing Webinar.
Our Research and Resources
AUTOMATING BANISHMENT: THE SURVEILLANCE AND POLICING OF LOOTED LAND
Our new community-based research report on the relationships between “data-driven policing” and real estate development, displacement, settler colonialism, and conquest. The report is available with interactive maps at automatingbanishment.org.
WATCH THE WATCHERS
A copwatch tool that publishes headshot photos and other public records about LAPD officers
The Stalker State
An interactive journey through the architecture police use to control us
THE ALGORITHMIC ECOLOGY
A tool for mapping the need to organize against the entire ecosystem that surrounds police algorithms, beyond the technology alone.
BEFORE THE BULLET HITS THE BODY
Our community-based report on the racist violence of LAPD’s first-generation “predictive policing” programs