Building community power TO ABOLISH the police state
The Stop LAPD Spying Coalition is a community group building power toward abolition of the police state. We were founded in 2011 and are based at the Los Angeles Community Action Network in Skid Row.
We are a community group working to build community power toward abolishing police surveillance.
Join our work by sending us an email introducing yourself or filling out our contact form.
Our work is largely funded through community donations. Your support is what makes our work sustainable.
We hold open community meetings every week
Our weekly Tuesday night community meetings on Zoom are a great way to get to know us. Those meetings are recorded and available on our YouTube. We also have a number of working groups that meet every week. To join any of our meetings, check out our calendar.
- Weekly Update – January 27, 2023We’ve been fighting robot surveillance dogs, what have you been up to?
- Weekly Update – January 20, 2023Check out what we’ve been up to!
- SARA in Skid RowJoin us in our fight against data-driven policing and displacement as we look at LAPD SARA reports from Central Division and talk more about SARA, and how it is being deployed in Skid Row and other areas downtown. We’ll also talk about some of LAPD’s data-gathering tactics that feed SARA and other operations. Join us as we build power in our fight!
- MONTHLY GENERAL MEETINGJoin us this Tuesday at 6pm for our first monthly general meeting of the year. This week we will be plotting the current policing landscape and strategizing our fights for 2023.
- Weekly Update – January 13, 2023￼Greetings friends! Welcome to 2023! Here’s what we’ve been up to: On Tuesday (1/10) the Coalition supported our… Read More »Weekly Update – January 13, 2023￼
- The Fight AheadJoin us for the first community meeting of 2023! This Tuesday we look at the fight ahead for the War on Youth Working group. Some things have changed in the new year, but the state’s mission to target and criminalize youth remains.
Our Research and Resources
Our new community-based research report on the relationships between “data-driven policing” and real estate development, displacement, settler colonialism, and conquest. The report is available with interactive maps at automatingbanishment.org.
Our campaign to dissect and defund LAPD’s $3.1 billion yearly budget
An interactive journey through the architecture police use to control us