Gender and Sexuality Community Meeting
1st Tuesday of the Month
Join us the first Tuesday of each month for a community meeting dedicated to abolishing the policing of gender and sexuality.This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Fight Against the War on Youth Community Meeting
2nd Tuesday of the Month
Join us the second Tuesday of each month for a collective learning session uncovering all the ways our youth are targeted, surveilled, and policed. This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Monthly General Meeting
3rd Tuesday of the Month
The third Tuesday evening of every month is our General Meeting to discuss our overall work, campaigns, and analysis. This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Data-Driven Policing Community Meeting
4th Tuesday of the Month
The fourth Tuesday evening of every month is our Data-Driven Policing community meeting. This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Data-Driven Policing Work Group
3rd Monday of the Month
Our Data-Driven Policing work group meets the third Monday every month. This work group coordinates our organizing related to data-driven policing, community policing, LAPD spending, academic complicity, and the architecture of surveillance. Email [email protected] for the zoom link.
Police Commission Public Comment
Weekly on Tuesdays
Join us and the #LAPCFAILS team every week during the Police Commission meeting to give public comment confronting this sham body. Here’s the zoom link.
War on Youth Work Group
3rd Wednesday of the Month
Our War on Youth campaign work group including Palestinian Youth Movement meets the third Wednesday every month. Email [email protected] for the zoom link.
Defund Surveillance Work Group
Weekly on Wednesdays
Join our Defund Surveillance work group where we dissect over a decade’s worth of LAPD budget documents to better understand the expansion of the police state. This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Academic Complicity Work Group
4th Mondays of the Month
Our Academic Complicity work group organizes to confront the relationship of universities and academic research to policing, as well as to support students and academics who are confronting these harms on their campuses.
Below are all of our community meetings and working meetings. All community members are welcome to join.
Before the pandemic, these meetings all happened at LA CAN, but now most of our meetings are over Zoom. If there isn’t a Zoom link listed below, email [email protected] and we will send you the link.
This embedded Google Calendar is set in agenda view for the benefit of screen reader users. However, this accessible view has a tendency to display earlier events without warning. Suggested navigation is to read the calendar with reading commands, respective to the screen reader being used. To navigate out of the calendar, please use shortcut navigation keys to move between HTML elements.
For help using Google Calendar with a screen reader, please refer to: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6101541?hl=en
- Fight Against the War on YouthJoin us this Tuesday for our monthly War on Youth working group meeting.
- Gender and Sexuality WebinarJoin us this Tuesday at 6pm for our monthly webinar on the policing of gender and sexuality.
- Data Driven Policing Monthly MeetingJoin us this Tuesday February 28th at 6pm on Zoom for our monthly Data Driven Policing Webinar.
- Public Records Community ClinicOn Tuesday, February 21 at 6 PM, we’re hosting a community clinic on using public records laws in abolitionist organizing. Bring your requests and questions.
- Fight Against the War on YouthJoin us for our monthly War on Youth Community meeting.
- Exploring Radical LovEJoin us for our first Gender and Sexuality Webinar of the new year! This month we will be exploring Radical Love. Our Gender and Sexuality work group will be engaging with love’s role in the fight for liberation. We will also be exploring the fights ahead in the new year.