Gender and Sexuality Community Meeting
1st Tuesday of the Month
Join us the first Tuesday of each month for a community meeting dedicated to abolishing the policing of gender and sexuality.This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Fight Against the War on Youth Community Meeting
2nd Tuesday of the Month
Join us the second Tuesday of each month for a collective learning session uncovering all the ways our youth are targeted, surveilled, and policed. This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Monthly General Meeting
3rd Tuesday of the Month
The third Tuesday evening of every month is our General Meeting to discuss our overall work, campaigns, and analysis. This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Data-Driven Policing Community Meeting
4th Tuesday of the Month
The fourth Tuesday evening of every month is our Data-Driven Policing community meeting. This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Data-Driven Policing Work Group
3rd Monday of the Month
Our Data-Driven Policing work group meets the third Monday every month. This work group coordinates our organizing related to data-driven policing, community policing, LAPD spending, academic complicity, and the architecture of surveillance. Email [email protected] for the zoom link.
Police Commission Public Comment
Weekly on Tuesdays
Join us and the #LAPCFAILS team every week during the Police Commission meeting to give public comment confronting this sham body. Here’s the zoom link.
War on Youth Work Group
3rd Wednesday of the Month
Our War on Youth campaign work group including Palestinian Youth Movement meets the third Wednesday every month. Email [email protected] for the zoom link.
Defund Surveillance Work Group
Weekly on Wednesdays
Join our Defund Surveillance work group where we dissect over a decade’s worth of LAPD budget documents to better understand the expansion of the police state. This meeting is open to the public and happens in-person and available on zoom.
Academic Complicity Work Group
4th Mondays of the Month
Our Academic Complicity work group organizes to confront the relationship of universities and academic research to policing, as well as to support students and academics who are confronting these harms on their campuses.
Below are all of our community meetings and working meetings. All community members are welcome to join.
Before the pandemic, these meetings all happened at LA CAN, but now most of our meetings are over Zoom. If there isn’t a Zoom link listed below, email [email protected] and we will send you the link.
This embedded Google Calendar is set in agenda view for the benefit of screen reader users. However, this accessible view has a tendency to display earlier events without warning. Suggested navigation is to read the calendar with reading commands, respective to the screen reader being used. To navigate out of the calendar, please use shortcut navigation keys to move between HTML elements.
For help using Google Calendar with a screen reader, please refer to: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6101541?hl=en
- In-Person End of Summer Community Meeting 9/20/22Join us for our monthly General Meeting this Tuesday 9/20/22 at 6:00pm, in-person at LA CAN. This month we’ll be ending the summer by holding space for community members both new to our work and old to come kick back, break bread, and learn about what we’ve been up to.
- Fight Against the War on Youth: The Attack On Black Migrants and Political ActivismJoin us for our monthly webinar for the fight against the War on Youth. This month we will be highlighting the Black Alliance for Just Immigration’s (BAJI) National Abolitionist Week of Action.
- Abolishing the Policing of Gender and SexualityJoin us this Tuesday at 6pm for a collective conversation on cis-hetero-patriarchy and the ways that we replicate the state’s tactics on each other. How do we police gender and sexuality? How do organizing spaces replicate structures of harm?
- Surveillance Bureaucracy Facilitates Racist ViolenceThis month we will be discussing the recent adoption of an LAPD Special Order that will facilitate the expansion of LAPD surveillance technology arsenal, while providing political cover for them to continue perpetuating racist violence.
- Black August – Continuing the Legacy of Ancestral ResistanceJoin us this Tuesday at 6pm for our monthly General Meeting. This month we will be continuing our celebration of Black August by having an intergenerational conversation on the history of Black resistance and discussing how we can apply the lessons of our past to our fight today.
- Black August: Youth at the Vanguard of ResistanceThis month we will be celebrating Black August, a month in which we honor incarcerated Black freedom fighters and their legacy of resistance that continues today.