Building community power TO ABOLISH the police state
The Stop LAPD Spying Coalition is a community group building power toward abolition of the police state. We were founded in 2011 and are based at the Los Angeles Community Action Network in Skid Row.
We are a community group working to build community power toward abolishing police surveillance.
Join our work by sending us an email introducing yourself or filling out our contact form.
Our work is largely funded through community donations. Your support is what makes our work sustainable.
We hold open community meetings every week
Our weekly Tuesday night community meetings on Zoom are a great way to get to know us. Those meetings are recorded and available on our YouTube. We also have a number of working groups that meet every week. To join any of our meetings, check out our calendar.
- Weekly Update – August 5, 2022We shut it down in City Hall this week! Check out our weekly update to learn more.
- Black August: Youth at the Vanguard of ResistanceThis month we will be celebrating Black August, a month in which we honor incarcerated Black freedom fighters and their legacy of resistance that continues today.
- Abolishing the Policing of Gender and SexualityJoin us this Tuesday August 2nd at 6pm online for our working session dedicated to abolishing the policing of gender and sexuality.
- Weekly Update – July 29, 2022We hit the streets with Anakbayan and brought People Power to City Hall. Read about this and more on this week’s updates.
- Data Driven Policing – Surveillance, Spying, InfiltrationJoin us this Tuesday July 26th at 6pm online as we discuss LAPD surveillance and how it is expanding and being operationalized.
- Weekly Update – July 22, 2022The future is bright! Check out our work with youth and see why!
Our Research and Resources
Our new community-based research report on the relationships between “data-driven policing” and real estate development, displacement, settler colonialism, and conquest. The report is available with interactive maps at automatingbanishment.org.
Our campaign to dissect and defund LAPD’s $3.1 billion yearly budget
An interactive journey through the architecture police use to control us